As more of our interactions turn digital these days, I am thinking often about how to connect with you all in a real way that feels warm and your business appreciated. The Handkerchief Shop is my small business and if you had the opportunity to walk into my shop, in addition to talking about beautifully embroidered gifts, I know we would also be talking about places to visit, vendors I would recommend, gardening tips, restaurants to try and favorite recipes. With this thought in mind, I have renamed The Handkerchief Shop's "Blog" to "My Journal". It will feel less editorial and more like real talk with all of you who come to my little online space.
Today I would like to share with you one of my favorite Fall side dish recipes that is a big hit for Thanksgiving. Let me know what you think!
Roasted Veggies with Bacon & Blue Cheese
3 Full Cups Brussel Sprouts (trimmed and halved)
6 Large Carrots (cut into round pieces)
1 Medium Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded and cubed)
8 oz Bacon (cut into pieces)
4 oz Crumbled Blue Cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spread cut veggies on large sheet pan. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands or a spatula to mix and coat the veggies. Roast for about 20 minutes or until veggies are fork tender.
3. While the veggies are roasting, fry the bacon pieces in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil until crispy. Drain bacon grease, blot bacon and set aside.
4. When the veggies are tender, remove them from the oven and let cool for about 4-5 minutes on the pan.
5. Combine the roasted veggies, crispy bacon pieces and blue cheese in a bowl. Serve warm.
* Other add-ins that are delicious include pepitas and cranberries! You can also use the leftovers in an arugula salad the next day.